If you would like to schedule an appointment,
please call our office directly at (804) 726-1500
If you can, please fax your new patient forms to our office 3-7 days prior to your visit as this will allow us to transfer your information into our electronic medical record and allow us to review your information prior to your visit.
You may fax your paperwork to fax number (804) 726-1501.
2. Medication list. If you have not already filled out the paperwork prior to your visit, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and please make sure to bring a complete list of all of your medications and their doses with you so that we may accurately review them and record them in your chart.
3. Labs. If you have had blood tests drawn in the last 6 months, please bring a copy to your 1st visit or request a copy to be sent to our office. You do NOT need to be fasting for your first appointment. If fasting labs are required, then we will give you a lab slip which you can take at your convenience to any LabCorp in the Greater Richmond area to obtain fasting labs. Labs draw at LabCorp are billed by them through your insurance. Several LabCorp draw stations are open on Saturday mornings.
Routine initial bloodwork typically includes: "Comprehensive Metabolic Panel" (which is kidney, liver, and electrolytes), "Lipid Panel" (cholesterol levels), "TSH and Free T4" (thyroid testing), "hemoglobin" (amount of blood in your body). Additional blood tests may be considered depending on your specific health history.
Note: The Virginia Board of Medicine requires thyroid tests be reviewed prior to starting any weight loss medications.
4. EKG. If considering the use of an appetite suppressant, we request that you have an EKG done within the last 90 days. If you have not had an EKG done in the last 90 days, then we will perform one during your visit (included with your visit).
To prepare, men are usually bare chested, whereas women would wear a bra, but please wear a simple shirt or T-shirt (as opposed to a one piece dress) so this can easily be done. If you have had an EKG within the last 90 days, please obtain or arrange a copy to be sent to our office.
5. Payment. Please note that payment is required at the time of service. A new patient visit with Dr. Sicat costs $200 and a new patient visit with our physician assistants Erin Poston and Heather Sedwick, or our nurse practitioner Susanna Payne costs $160. Our office accepts credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), cash, and checks.
6. Clothing. If possible please wear a short sleeve shirt or a simple shirt as we will be checking your blood pressure and possibly obtaining an EKG.
7. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment so we can register you and start your visit on time.
8. Fax Completed New Patient Forms. Again, if possible, please fax completed forms to our office ideally about 2-7 days in advance if possible to fax number (804) 726-1501.
Thank you for choosing Virginia Weight and Wellness for your weight management needs. We sincerely look forward to meeting you and working together to help you achieve your goals!
Jeffrey Sicat, Erin Poston, Heather Sedwick, Susanna Payne
and the Care Team of Virginia Weight & Wellness
Copyright © 2020 Virginia Weight and Wellness - All Rights Reserved.
4439 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
(804) 726-1500 phone
(804) 726-1501 fax
Powered by GoDaddy